Thursday, September 23, 2010

Avocado Coriander Paratha




The other day I was leafing through the pages of Woman's era magazine when I happened to see an interesting recipe called guacamole originally from Mexico. Its a simple and healthy dip eaten with Chips or Bread sticks. One of its ingredients was Avocado. Wow...Ok, so I decided to get some avocado and whipp up some guacamole. But friends, when I started off with the recipe, I thought.."why can't I make some thing 'Indianish' out of avocados. And I just love what I made with my gorgeous avocados....

For the recipe you will need:

Avocado (ripe) : 1 nos
Coriander leaves : 1/2 cup
Salt : to taste
Green chillies : 3 nos
Whole Wheat flour : 2 cups
Water ( for dough) : as required
Ajwain : 1/4 tsp
Sesame seeds(optional) : 1 tsp


Method:

Cut the avocado lengthwise around the seed. Open the two halves to expose the pit.Now gently tap the pit with the blade of a sharp knife. Make sure you use enough force so that the knife edge wedges into the pit. Do this carefully.Twist the pit out of the avocado with the knife blade and throw. You can use a kitchen towel to get rid of the pit from the knife. Next step is to scoop out the avocado pulp from the shells using a spoon into a mixing bowl.





Mix the rest of the ingredients and make a dough using water. Allow the dough to rest for some time. Now make roud Parathas using the dough and sprinkle a few drops of ghee while cooking on tawa. Serve hot with Tomato thokku. For recipe click here

No comments:

Post a Comment